The Canadian Sport School - Prince George, delivered in partnership with School District 57, offers student athletes and para-athletes on a high performance pathway in grades 10-12 an opportunity to balance their academic course load and dry-land strength and conditioning training in a structured, yet flexible environment. Offered in Prince George, student athletes on the high performance pathway attend their SD57 Prince George home schools in the morning and attend the Canadian Sport School - Prince George in the afternoons to complete personalized strength and conditioning training and academic course work, including sport sciences, with the supervision of trained specialists and qualified teachers. Students graduating from the Canadian Sport School - Prince George are successfully competing on the world stage on Olympic, National, Provincial and U Sport/NCAA teams.
The application forms can be found below. Click on the filenames to upload forms.
The important deadlines and application requirements are found at the end of the application form. Please read entire form.
Each application package must contain the following items :
1. A completed Canadian Sport School - Prince George - Student Application Form - 2020-21 , signed by the applying Student who and one parent/guardian.
2. A completed Canadian Sport School - Prince George - Student Evaluation Form - for Vice Principal - 2020-21 form, completed and signed by the Vice Principal of the applying Student's Prince George SD57 home high school.
3. If selected for an admission interview, the applying student must provide a COPY of his/her most current Report Card to bring to the interview to submit. (Most recent Report Card can also be submitted in Application Package)
4. Letter of Reference from your current coach (from your current sport). If applying Student plays more than one sport then Letter of Reference from the coach that coaches most hours per week will suffice.
5. Sport Resume - including a summary of applying Student's sport history, results achieved, and current status (point form or paragraph form is OK).
6. A Paragraph written by the applying Student stating (a) why you want to attend Canadian Sport School - Prince George and (b) what makes you a good candidate for the Canadian Sport School - Prince George. (Only about 150 words)
7. Total School Fee is $1800.00. With applying Student's application, please include an initial deposit cheque of $450.00 made out to "Engage Sport North" (Dated April 3, 2020) with 3 other post-dated cheques for $450.00 each and each cheque post-dated for: June 30, 2020, September 1, 2020, and October 1, 2020.
(Unsuccessful applicants will have deposit cheque and 3 other post-dated cheques returned to applicant)
Refund Policy : There is no partial or total refund available for Successful Candidates once he/she accepts the offer to be admitted into Sport School for the 2020-21 school year
All applications must be handed in via hard copy with all forms completely filled out and other requested documents completed
After applications have been received selected candidates will be notified of an interview time at their home school. All Sport School interview will be with the applying student only and the Sport School staff. No parents/guardians are needed to attend the interview.
Successful Candidates will be notified shortly after the conclusion of interviews.
Application Forms :
For more information please contact Dave Adolph, Director of High Performance at: email@example.com .